Our Values Statement
- We make our decisions as equals, by consensus. We
work to incorporate all members' desires into our decisions.
- We value the integrity of the earth. We plan,
build, and live with attention to ecological sustainability. We
conserve resources and recycle all that we can.
- We value inclusiveness in matters of race,
ethnicity, spirituality, age, ability, gender, sexual orientation.
- We value trust. We are willing to trust each other
and aspire to be trustworthy.
- We value cooperation and
contribution. All members participate actively in the
process of creating, growing and sustaining our community.
- We value healthy lifestyles. We keep our common
areas free of harmful and/or illegal products including firearms,
tabacco products and smoke.
- We value conflict resolution that is nonviolent,
positive, respectful and fair to all.
- We value kindness and respect in thought, word and
action. We listen and strive to understand. We forgive mistakes.
- We value a neighborhood environment that is
safe at many levels: physical, mental, emotional,
spiritual. We work to make our community a safe place where children
and people of all ages are nurtured and protected.
- We value fun and good food.
- We value order. We strive to practice
self-discipline, self-awareness, and self-responsibility.